BASANT PANCHAMI FEAST
Basant Panchami is a special day of spring. This day falls on the fifth day of Magh Shukla Paksha. The troubles of the harsh winter end and a new enthusiasm arises in the spring. On this day, Goddess Saraswati, the goddess of learning, is worshiped in homes and schools. The celebration of Basant Panchami is celebrated with enthusiasm throughout India. There are different ways to enjoy this day some people make good food on Basant Panchami, like Saffron-Rich Yellow Rice, Kesari Bhat, Puran Poli, and many other dishes are relished on this day. Let’s have a look at our menu for Basant Panchami 2023.
1 cup khoya
2 cups boiled rice
2 tbsp milk
few threads of saffron
8 -10 pieces of cashew nuts
8 -10 almonds chopped
8 -10 pistachios finely chopped
1 tbsp raisins
2 tbsp ghee
½ cup sugar
1. Put the saffron in hot milk and keep it aside so that saffron dissolves in milk to form a nice color.
2. Heat ghee in a pan, fry cashews, almonds, raisins, and pistachios and keep them separately.
3. Now put cloves and cardamom in the same pan and fry and add sugar, saffron milk, khoya and mix all the ingredients nicely.
4. Add cooked rice and mix well, close the lid and let it cook on low flame for a few minutes.
5. Mix roasted nuts and take off the gas.
6. Serve the hot saffron rice by garnishing it with dry fruits and saffron.
500 grams of fresh curd
50 grams of ground sugar
10-15 threads of saffron
1 teaspoon to soak saffron lukewarm milk
3-4 cardamom green cardamom powder
5-6 finely chopped pistachios
5-6 finely chopped almonds -
1. Tie fresh curd in a clean muslin cloth and hang it for 2-3 hours, press it with your hands to remove all the water from the curd.
2. Put the saffron in lukewarm milk and keep it aside.
3. Take out the curd from the cloth in a utensil, add sugar and cardamom powder and mix well.
4. Now, add saffron milk to the curd mixture and mix well. Add half the almonds and pistachios and mix.
5. Kesariya Shrikhand is ready! Put the Shrikhand in the fridge for two hours.
6. Lastly, take out Shrikhand in a bowl and garnish it with the dry fruits and serve it cold.
2 cups flour
2 tbsp ghee for moyan
half teaspoon salt
1 cup channa dal
½ cup sugar
3-4 green cardamom
finely chopped nuts as desired
desi ghee for roasting
1. After sifting the flour, add moyan and salt to knead a t soft dough. Keep the dough covered for half an hour.
2. Soak channa dal in water for two hours.
3. Now, boil the dal in a pressure cooker until it is cooked properly. After this, put it in a strainer so that excess water comes out of it.
3. Grind the lentil without adding water, put a little ghee in a frying pan, and roast the lentil on medium heat.
4. Now, add sugar, green cardamom, and finely chopped dry fruits and roast for five minutes while stirring continuously, remove from the gas and let it cool.
5. Make balls of dough, stuff the stuffing into it, and spread it a little with your hands, then with the help of a rolling pin, roll it into a roti shape with light hands.
6. Put it on a hot griddle and apply desi ghee on both sides until it becomes red and crisp. Bake all the puran polis in the same way.
7. Your hot and tempting Puran Poli is ready to be served!
You may like post
Rarely Known Breakfasts of Indian States
Here is a list of less known breakfasts of certain states that would make your mouth water and tempt you to go there and try them out.
THE UNCONQUERED, MURUD JANJIRA FORT
Murud Janjira Fort is known to stay unconquered in any fight until...
Story of Kedarnath Temple: History, Architecture and more...
The Kedarnath temple is one of the Chhota Char Dhams of the Hindu pilgrimage. A temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and is one of the twelve Jyotirlingas.
Spain and Slovakia to Grant Gratis Visa to Indian Travellers
Spain and Slovakia have announced gratis visas for Indian travellers who had applied for a visa before the travel ban to curb the spread of coronavirus pandemic.
Exotic birds and where to find them
Here are some exotic birds that are unfortunately nearing extinction. So sit down as I share with you a list of some rare birds and where to find them.
Water of River Ganga Becomes fit for Drinking in These Cities
the water of river Ganga becomes pure enough for drinking in Rishikesh and Haridwar as human activities come to a halt during lockdown